I came home and tried my laptop, which had run on our network either this AM or last night just fine, and got the same browser version error. Also tried my wife's machine (also wireless) and got the same issue.
Browsers on 3 of the 4 machines checked and were set to "get automatically" - no proxy. We use Mozilla primarily, but IE had same issues on 2 computers that I checked.
Did hard reset of the router (Linksys G) which had "linksys" as the SSID - I know, but I live miles from anyone and any traffic. Didn't expect have a router problem via the internet, but I think that might be what happened. Anyway, turned off daughter's and wife's computers and did hard reset and then changed SSID, but left security off. Did the work on the router via the hardwired computer - which I'm now thinking is my culprit. HAd to reset my laptop to have it pick up new SSID which it did, BUT I still get the browser error. So I did an ipconfig /all on that laptop (and this desktop) and now have a hint...
IP address 192.168.1.108
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers - appropriate for my ISP
IP address 192.168.1.161 (above the 192.168.1.149 upper range of the Linksys router)
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1 (ok, one out of 4 is ...)
DHCP Server 192.168.1.108 (yup - that's my desktop computer!)
DNS Servers - 22.214.171.124 (not even close to my ISP servers)!!!
So, my desktop is the dhcp server and is redirecting to not my ISP. I'm writing this on the desktop, just before I turn it off for the night and then try to find my router without it handing out DHCP stuff. Hope I can read any replies and post more results here later tonight or tomorrow ))
Edited by Blade Zephon, 30 May 2011 - 10:26 AM.
Moved to AII as no logs provided and Prep Guide not followed. ~BZ