Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WindowsNT workstation Domain

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Converse21

Converse21

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:09 PM

Hello! :)

Yesterday my aunt gave a computer its a WinowsNT Workstation 4.0 with internet explorer.
when she gave it to me she told me she didnt know the password so i made a Hirens CD and deleted the password
so the password problem was dealt with. Now this is where i need help.

In the log-in screen it has the user name box, the password box and a drop-down list of domains
i really dont know what those domains are for but i was wondering if it was possible to log-in without the domain option like getting rid of it or a way to bypass it?

this is the box i see when i try to login:

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Converse21

Converse21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

I was wondering if i could use an registry program that opens up on boot..

like Hirens.. i edit the Hirens .iso and add a registry editor from there i will change the values to the registry about the login part to get rid of the domain or all if possible is this a good idea?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users