Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank desktop screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fiddle

fiddle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:51 PM

Hi,

I'm posting on this forum because without being able to see anything on the screen, I can't solve my computer problem.

So, a few days ago, I got multiple pop-ups while watching a Saturday Night Live Facebook video. The video paused midway so I refreshed it. This caused the pop-ups and my computer went crazy. I ran spybot and Avast which found trojans. In the meantime, I got a message stating computer resources were dangerously low then lost my desktop files as well as other files. I then set up my computer to restart on Safe Mode but got a blank screen. Now, I hear the computer starting but the monitor shows "check signal cable". I've checked/re-inserted both the video card and RAM but the screen is still blank. I tested the monitor with my laptop and it works.

I've searched various websites on this but can't find anything that matches what I'm going through. Help?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users