Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound in windows xp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zspacekcc

zspacekcc

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

Hi
I'm having a problem with Windows XP professional.
I've had it installed on my laptop for about a year now. The other day the sound just randomly stopped coming out of my speakers (built in). Yet if I plug a pair of headphones in it works fine. I know the speakers are good, they play fine if I boot into Ubuntu (I dual boot).
I can see my audio card in the device manager, and there's nothing to indicate a problem with it. I have a speaker icon in the tray and it's not muted.
I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and that did nothing. And letting XP auto install them (found new hardware manager).
I have an HP pavilion dv6000 (GA450UA is the model number, its a dv6423om, but I use the generic dv6000 divers because they don't make XP drivers for that specific model).
The windows audio service is running, and starts automatically.
I've even sifted through the event logs to see if there's anything wrong and I have nothing. Can anyone help me solve this problem?
Feel free to ask my for any additional information you need, odds are I can find it, I have plenty of experience fixing windows, that's why this baffles me so much.

Edited by zspacekcc, 29 May 2011 - 08:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users