Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 madden

madden

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

Trying to run windows recovery console. But can't get past the administrator password. We never set a password all users had admin rights but now when we atempt to run windows recovery console we can't get past the password. I can access this drive as a non system drive via a usb adapter and a different computer can I access and change the admin right this way? if so how?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

What is the BSOD that you are getting?

#3 madden

madden
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:25 PM

Technical information:
***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78A6524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

This is the error we get when we start windows xp

Edited by madden, 29 May 2011 - 10:29 PM.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:43 PM

Can you press F8 after the post screen and try Safe Mode.

#5 madden

madden
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:33 AM

we can't start in any mode. It comes to this screen except when we boot to the wndows install disk and attempt to run ® repair install. At the beginning of repair install at a dos prompt it asks for a admin password I tried admin, administrator,and any possible passwords with no luck. To give you a little background my daughter is in Papaua New Guinea. she sent me the hard drive back to the states. I have been able to recover all of her files now we are tring to get her windows working again. she has very limited access to the internet and the connection she has is VERY SLOW not much better than 56K as well as expensive. She was running a Norton scan when things went south, the Norton scan restarted her computer and ende up with this issue she ran the Norton recovery tool. I have ran norton, malware bites, mcafee full scans and CHKDSK. With this drive connected to a spare computer via a usb adapter. We can't get past this problem.

Technical information:
***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78A6524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:55 PM

Have the anti-malware tools revealed anything? If so post the logs if you can.

#7 madden

madden
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

Generic.dx Quarantined
W32/Virut!hosts repaired
W32/Virut.n.gen repaired
New Win32 Quarantined
W32/Virut.n.gen repaired
Generic.dx Quarantined
New Malware.ew Quarantined
W32/Virut.n.gen repaired
generic!bg.hlx Quarantined
Artemis!09EC8F7362C4 Quarantined
Artemis!DD4A034D27CA Quarantined
Generic.dx!hcw Quarantined
Artemis!B2DEA20E6915 Quarantined
Generic PWS.y!hv.s Quarantined
Downloader-UA Quarantined
W32/Virut.n.gen repaired
W32/Virut.n.gen repaired
New Autorun!inf.a Quarantined

This is a list from Mafee I can't find a log of any kind from the Norton
Sorry for the delay in responding!

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

#9 madden

madden
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:06 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic400478.html
I'm not sure how helpful these logs will be the the drive infected is M:\ It has a none functioning Windows XP Pro install
Please read the attached link. The attached log are actually of my system with the problem drive attached as a non system drive.
I can install the drive in a available laptop but will not boot past the message posted in the linked discussion
Thanks for your Help

Merged topics. ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 07 June 2011 - 03:52 PM.
No logs, moved from MRL to Aii.

#10 madden

madden
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:47 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic402002.html

This is the link to the new topic not much luck getting the log from the problem drive

Mod Edit: Moved above link to AII, no logs attacged ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 06 June 2011 - 08:11 AM.

#11 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

Hello,

Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic402270.html you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users