Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot login

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 arbi07

arbi07

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

HI, Im just new in this forum but I would like to post right away regardig my laptop. I booted up my laptop just like the usual process and ding! There it goes,, my user account is missing. That is the only user account in it and also my one and only administrator account. Everything seems fine including the ease of access icon, shut down button, and windows 7 logo at the bottom but it's just the user account is missing. I tried to use alt-ctrl-del, nothing happened. I tried safe mode, still the same window and stuck with it. I tried repair windows, still no luck. Cannot access task manager. My windows update is turned off, no system restore, has kaspersky pure in it and what else,, I have lots of files that I want to keep. So I am seeking for your help guys,, and btw the sad part is I don't have that much money to spend for troubleshooting. Thanks for the help in advance. I am really frustrated here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dakiato

dakiato

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

If you enable the built in administrator account you should be able to log in with that.

#3 odin88

odin88

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:58 AM

HI, Im just new in this forum but I would like to post right away regardig my laptop. I booted up my laptop just like the usual process and ding! There it goes,, my user account is missing. That is the only user account in it and also my one and only administrator account. Everything seems fine including the ease of access icon, shut down button, and windows 7 logo at the bottom but it's just the user account is missing. I tried to use alt-ctrl-del, nothing happened. I tried safe mode, still the same window and stuck with it. I tried repair windows, still no luck. Cannot access task manager. My windows update is turned off, no system restore, has kaspersky pure in it and what else,, I have lots of files that I want to keep. So I am seeking for your help guys,, and btw the sad part is I don't have that much money to spend for troubleshooting. Thanks for the help in advance. I am really frustrated here.

Hi instead of going to the admin account in safemode try the "last good known configuration" option, hopefully this will revert your log in issue.
Also if you make a Linux live cd (ubuntu or puppy) this will allow you to access your data/files to copy off your machine..

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

if i was you i would make it bootable from a flash drive so that you have the cd drive free to burn your files off.

Iain.
our attitude toward life determins lifes attitude towards us.

#4 arbi07

arbi07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:11 AM

If you enable the built in administrator account you should be able to log in with that.

I am trying to enable the built-in administrator account now. Im also downloading an ubuntu os. Hopefully it will do just fine. Im seeing a weird thing, when I press F8 to go to safe mode, Im seeing other options like boot windows 7 with slic loader. I dunno what that means though,,, so I am also finding ways to pull up cmd

Good news! Just booted it and there's my user account. I just used the built-in admin account that you told me. I am now downloading ubuntu and other stuff to back up my system. Thank you so much guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users