Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xp security removed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

i went online this afternoon to find a game called angry birds. the first 2 sites i clicked on didn't do anything, they also didnt have the game i wanted. the last site i clicked was a .HTML which must have been programmed to automically to start popups and download of xp security. anyways i used the guide on here and got rid of it but something happened to turn off automatic updates and wont let me turn them back on. how do i fix this?
my OS is windows Xp of course.

its odd how visiting the some same sites on my laptop doesn't seem to affect it, but i also have spyware blaster and trend micro web protection add-on, so i don't have any problems with spyware along with the fact that i also use fire fox. so why does IE have all this crap that happens and hardly anything happens with fire fox? but this is off topic and doesn't have to be answered. just something i noticed since i use fire fox and am on my laptop a lot.

Edited by Dragonlady24, 29 May 2011 - 04:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rHabdomantist

rHabdomantist

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

Start>Run(Start>Search for Windows 7) and in the information box type or copy and paste the following:

%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\WUAUENG.DLL

Then click OK.

#3 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:02 PM

i cant get to it right now. im not home and am on my laptop. your also too new of a member, how do i know that you will be able to help me? thanks for the help though.

Edited by Dragonlady24, 29 May 2011 - 05:04 PM.

#4 rHabdomantist

rHabdomantist

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:58 AM

Valid point about being new here. Check the thread in link below.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-security/please-help-help-cant-remove-fake-windows-security/c9bd5bba-ee5d-4392-9cb2-7beec24e4486

Edited by rHabdomantist, 30 May 2011 - 02:58 AM.

#5 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:17 AM

thanks ill try it when i get home. i really need those updates, that computer just isnt safe without them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users