Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DHL DELIVERY NOTICE virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 grandmahunny

grandmahunny

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

I received a DHL DELIVERY NOTICE in my e amil. I was expecting a Karaoke CD to come in the mail and thought it was about that but when I oened it well you know the rest. I tried everything but couldn’t stop it. I finally went to restore to the day before I got the virus now my computer is working but I lost a lot of pictures and documents. I keep getting a message “Catalyst control center host application has stopped working”. Does anyone know what this is and what it does? In another forum someone told me. CCC got installed along with your n Vidia video driver, but it doesn't have to be running as a startup.
If you wish, you can reinstall it. If not, you can simply disable it as a startup and the error shouldn't be bothering you anymore.
However, since your computer got infected, I suggest, you create new topic in "Am I Infected?" forum, since using system restore will NOT remove any infection. So here I am looking to see if I am still infected. I thought since I went back it was OK. Help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users