Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2010 send/receive failure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kelvin in Oregon

Kelvin in Oregon

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

My wife's Outlook 2010 send/receive has stopped working. It worked fine until about a month ago. Now, every time she starts Outlook, the receive fails with the following error messages:

Task ‘<uid>@hotmail.com’ reported error (0x8004102A): “Error with Send/Receive. There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error: 8de00002.’

Task ‘<uid>@hotmail.com’ reported error (0x8DE00002): ‘There is an error synchronizing your mal account. Please verify your accounts is configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web. Error: 4102. Client. Cound not find boundary, start-info or type parameter(s) ContentType of MIME root.’

I created a new Outlook profile to see if the new one would work. It also fails but with a different error.
Task ‘<uid>@hotmail.com’ reported error (0x8004A164): 'Synchronization error.' Unable to synchronize item : 1:15 Rochelle Class Volunteer'

The hotmail accounts works fine when accessed directly from hotmail.

What else can I try to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Kelvin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kelvin in Oregon

Kelvin in Oregon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:11 PM

Never mind.

The last message was a warning message. The rest of the emails were retrieved just fine. It looks like the new profile took care of the issue.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users