Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC speaker problem, I think I narrowed down problem area

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skymaster191

skymaster191

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

Hello,

I purchased Creative Gigaworks T40 series II PC speakers in April. Just yesterday, the sound is cutting out when I play music CD's on the computer. I have a home-built PC that has been performing very well. I have an ASUS M4A78LT-M LE motherboard with on board sound card. Operating system is Windows 7 home premium. Below is the list of troubleshooting I have tried:

1. Rebooted PC
2. Checked computer and speaker connections
3. Made sure all hardware has latest drivers
4. Ran anti-virus scan. No virus detected.
5. Windows diagnostics didn't detect any hardware problems
6. Adjusted and experimented with settings in Windows Media Player

I also hooked up the speakers to a stand-alone DVD player (non PC). I watched 4 hours of DVD movies and the speakers performed flawlessly.
Then I played a flight simulator game on the PC for a couple hours. Again the speakers performed flawlessly.

Through process of elimination, this leads me to believe the problem is Windows Media Player software. This is what runs music CD's off the PC.
Either that, or my CD/DVD combo drive.

Past experience has shown me that sooner or later any version of Windows Media Player will cause problems.

Am I on the right track? Or am I overlooking another cause?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

I never use WMP myself, but if you suspect that's the problem you could download a free media player like VLC and see if that improves the situation.

#3 skymaster191

skymaster191
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:52 PM

Capn Easy I hear you. I already started looking at other media players on the Internet today. I hope this is the problem area

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users