Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't View "scrolling News Windows"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 njimwvu

njimwvu

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:09 PM

On certain web pages, like www.comcast.net, there is a window that contains various news topics. After a couple seconds, the window changes and displays a new set of topics. It will repeat this for five or six times and then repeat starting with the first.

My computer no longer does this. When the page is first brought up, the initial window will display the first set of topics. But when it is supposed to change to the next set, the window disappears. The browser remains open, and I can still interact with the rest of the page. But that "scrolling news window" is gone.

I noticed this a couple weeks ago, but didn't think much of it. But then my wife noticed it amd thinks I did something to the computer. I hope it is just a simple setting that was changed.

PS. A similar "scrolling news window" is on www.mlb.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:14 AM

What browser are you using? It most likely is a setting in the browser that needs to be changed.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 njimwvu

njimwvu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:04 PM

I'm using Microsoft Internet Explorer.
I've just noticed that I also can't view any videos within webpages. I can hear the sound not no images.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users