Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

asus keeps restarting

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 frederick3009

frederick3009

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:17 AM

I recently bought a Asus G73SW. It worked beautifully for about two weeks, up until 2 days ago it kept freezeing either before startup commenced, during it, or id get as far as the log in screen and it froze while saying welcome. after searching around for solutions and trying some restore points and other garbage, found the best option was to do a reinstall windows system restore. so i entered the recovery option from safe mode and began installing windows 7 ultimate. everything went smoothly, entered key and got a installation successful message... and then a message that said "interactive logon failed check boot logs...yada yada" it only flashed that message and then proceeded to restart. it restarts and gets to this grey screen where i can move the mouse around for about 5 seconds and restarts again, a never ending loop. any other option i try like safe mode, boot manger, anything that involves an "F" key will ultimatly take me back to that screen and restart... I was hoping there might be a way to do a factory restore involving the hardware, but i searched and found nothing.... I'm stuck!!! Help!!

BTW im deployed to Iraq right now, so taking it in or buying this or that isnt really an option

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 odin88

odin88

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:57 AM

I recently bought a Asus G73SW. It worked beautifully for about two weeks, up until 2 days ago it kept freezeing either before startup commenced, during it, or id get as far as the log in screen and it froze while saying welcome. after searching around for solutions and trying some restore points and other garbage, found the best option was to do a reinstall windows system restore. so i entered the recovery option from safe mode and began installing windows 7 ultimate. everything went smoothly, entered key and got a installation successful message... and then a message that said "interactive logon failed check boot logs...yada yada" it only flashed that message and then proceeded to restart. it restarts and gets to this grey screen where i can move the mouse around for about 5 seconds and restarts again, a never ending loop. any other option i try like safe mode, boot manger, anything that involves an "F" key will ultimatly take me back to that screen and restart... I was hoping there might be a way to do a factory restore involving the hardware, but i searched and found nothing.... I'm stuck!!! Help!!

Hi,
When you say you did a system restore was this done from the hidden recovery partition?? do you own a copy of your OS on disc?? you may have to do a format and fresh install of OS and to do this you will need a copy of your OS.

Iain.

BTW im deployed to Iraq right now, so taking it in or buying this or that isnt really an option

our attitude toward life determins lifes attitude towards us.

#3 frederick3009

frederick3009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:33 PM

i attempted a reinstall from my os disc. which was the only other option in the recovery partition other than system restore(from earlier points) which didnt work to fix the first problem. now how would i do a reformat and fresh install if i dont have access to the drive, other than putting it in another computer?

#4 adanino

adanino

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

Did anyone ever figure out how to fix this?

#5 sean75070

sean75070

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

It could be a power supply issue too. Have you added any new hardware lately??

#6 jkdave

jkdave

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

In case anyone is still wondering or if someone is googling frantically like I was, I have a Asus G73SW-XT1, after doing the recovery disks AND the partitioned recovery, it reboots like 100 times before it completes. I know the exact screen he's talking about, the one that says something like "Do not exit, setup is configuring." If you notice, over time like 30 mins or so of rebooting it slowly starts adding crap to the desktop in the background, it's like it reboots after every single little modification. So don't worry, just get the recovery portion out of the way and take a nap or something while it does it's 2 billion reboots...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users