Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sharing Printer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sweetwords

sweetwords

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:59 PM

I am trying to print from a laptop that connect to an office VPN . We have only one printer in our home, which is installed locally on one computer and then shared with the laptop. When not connected to the VPN, both computer can print to that printer. When I connect the one does not have the printer connected locally to the VPN, I cannot print to the printer.
Both computers are running Windows XP Pro sp2 and I have fire walls enabled on both. I used to be able to print from the laptop using and old VPN. But my company installed another one and now I can not print from my laptop. Is there some setting I can change to get it to work again. For now I have connected by printer directly to the laptop but then my home computer will not print. Both cocmputer have print sharing enabled.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users