Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Streaming TV on mobile device via Wi-Fi Ad Hoc

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 6inches

6inches

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:14 AM

Hi,

Looking for help on ad-hoc wi-fi network between Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop running Win 7 Ultimate and Nokia N79 running Symbian S60v3

I want to view live tv on my phone. A USB TV tuner card is connected to laptop which is in turn connected to Satellite DTH receiver. I can see TV in my laptop in Win Media Center and dedicated app provided by USB TV card maker.

I know basics - I have to connect phone and laptop via ad hoc wi fi connection. Run VLC player, select source and use rtsp:// protocol with .sdp extension.

I do all this but yet get unable to connect on real player.

Pls share details about configuration settings of ad hoc connection ipv4 settings etc.

What am i missing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users