Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD ci.dll cannot boot at all PLEASE HELP!!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alexninjaxd

alexninjaxd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

Hello,

I downloaded some file that gave me this problem, I dont know what it was but as soon as it appeared on my desktop after I downloaded it I opened it, bitdefender and windows defender both popped up and said that the risk was severe for that file, but i had already opened it, right after it warned me I didnt even have a chance to delete it or scan my computer because it rebooted right away giving me a blue screen... I can't boot my computer AT ALL!!! when I try to boot it regularly, when it finishes loading the bar before the windows logo, it gives me the blue screen, when I try to boot it using safe mode, it gives me about 5 minutes before it shows me the blue screen yet again, I have tried: chkdsk /c, chkdsk /f, sfc /scannow and they all said that there were problems and that they were fixed, I rebooted and STILL I get the blue screen.
I tried using my vista recovery CD and when I pop it in the computer I dont get the option to repair for some reason?!!??!?!
and evertime I boot it from the CD and look at which partion I want to install to it shows me less and less space left everytime, it went from being 5.8GB/420GB to now at 3.8GB/420GB...
now I'm trying to load up in safe mode with cmd to see what I can do and now THAT wont even boot, and I cant and WONT reinstall windows because I have WAAAAYYY too much important stuff on there including the files and folders containing all the information about my business and website!!!! also all my photos, documents, homework, etc.
Can some PLEASE help me solve this, I am in DESPERATE need! I have no other option than to reinstall but I CANT AND WONT do it, PLEASE HELP ME!!! this is really baaaadd D:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dakiato

dakiato

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:09 AM

Try and use a bootable disk such as Hirens and do a scan with the tools on it.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:38 AM

Hiren's is not a good suggestion :). See following.

Recommending ISOs of Windows Recovery Discs or pre-made ISOs of WinPE-BartPE - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic382841.html

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 29 May 2011 - 05:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users