Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet acting up. told to post here.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 freakycorpse

freakycorpse

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

so My internet has been fine no problems before, but in the last week its been taking like a minute to load pages where before it would have taken like 2 seconds. sometimes if it's long enough wait time it will pop up saying Mozilla Firefox cannot display this page. Yesterday I got the AVG Internet Security package and did a full scan and also got the AVG PC Tuneup. Got rid of some bad files and fixed some what others but the problem is still here. What can I do to speed up my computer. If I clear up some space on my hard drive will that make the internet run faster? or just my pc? also I was told to mention that I had Mcafee about a month ago then it started saying im not protected. So yesterday I got the AVG Internet Security 2011 package. So i have not had any antivirus for the past month except SuperAntiSpyware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 markr9

markr9

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

Hi, did you update the virus definitions before you ran the scan ?
how much free space do you have ?
what operating system and how much memory do you have ?

A system can run slower if you dont have much memory and its using a page file on disk. This is worsened if your disk is low on space and its fragmented. That should not however slow down the internet to the point that you describe.

* not a tech , my opinion only *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users