Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP with super anti spyware

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 fragglez

fragglez

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

i was having a virus warning and a friend said i should download super anti spyware. i downloaded it and then rebooted my computer, and now i cant open anything. it took me about 15 minutes to try and open firefox. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:32 PM

Some questions:

What was going on that your friend suggested that you download and run SuperAntiSpyware? Please provide as much detail as possible.

You say you downloaded the program then rebooted. Are you missing some steps in there? Did you install the program? Did you run it? If you ran it, a log would have been produced.

What is your operating system?

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 fragglez

fragglez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

okay, i was getting this messages saying that i had viruses but i just kept x-ing out of them cause the beeping noise was annoying. then finally i called my friend and he said to get super anti spyware (the free edition). so i googled it, found it, clicked download, it started downloading, did some scanning type thing, then i think it said it found a bunch of viruses and trojans to get rid of and needed to reboot in order to get rid of them, so i clicked 'ok' to reboot. when my computer finally came back on it looked normal until i click on world of warcraft and it brought up a screen to choose different programs to open world of warcraft with, and thats never happened to me. i looked up a few things trying to figure out what was wrong and came across yahoo answers and they said to uninstall super anti spyware and come to here for further help. i have windows 7

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:56 PM

Hello fragglez
Let's run this next and look at the log.
We'll see if the WOW issue still exists after this.

Run RKill....
Download and Run RKill
  • Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3
    Link 4

• Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
  • A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
  • If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.

If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.

Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
Download Link 1
Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
    For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 fragglez

fragglez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

it wont even let me run RKill

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

Try running EXE Helper then MBAM
Please download exeHelper to your desktop.
Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
Post the contents of exehelperlog.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com, and should open at the end of the scan)
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 fragglez

fragglez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

exeHelper by Raktor
Build 20100414
Run at 20:34:33 on 05/28/11
Now searching...
Checking for numerical processes...
Checking for sysguard processes...
Checking for bad processes...
Checking for bad files...
Checking for bad registry entries...
Resetting filetype association for .exe
Resetting filetype association for .com
Resetting userinit and shell values...
Resetting policies...
--Finished--

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

MBAM still will not run..
If you were able to run SAS before I think your Antivirus (which is it?) or firewall are stopping it.

#9 fragglez

fragglez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:36 PM

i think i have something called MALware protection or something like that

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:43 AM

Can you run MBAM or SAS again RKill and post thie log.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users