Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Blocking Computer Access

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 b-tech2011

b-tech2011

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

I have a Samsung R519 running on Windows Vista, it will not connect to the internet, windows firewall cannot be started, Avast that I installed has been disabled. Ran Kapersky Virus Removal Tool without the updated virus definitions and it dictated packed win32.tdss virus but could not delete or quarantine it. I downloaded the tdss killer as advised on this forum ran it but it detected no threats.I have also downloaded malwarebytes and installed it without the updates and ran it but it detected nothing. I would appreciate your help.

Edited by Andrew, 28 May 2011 - 04:37 PM.
Mod Edit: Moved to AII From MRL - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blaine B.

Blaine B.

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:55 PM

Is a proxy server enabled by chance? I have had that problem in the past, stemming from an attempted malware or virus invasion. Would disable the internet on that machine. But I am not sure why your Windows Firewall is also affected, I have never had that affected on any of my machines at the same time the proxy server was enabled.

#3 b-tech2011

b-tech2011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

Proxy Server is not on however automatically detect settings was not ticked, upon ticking it and pressing ok it remains open, you can close that dialog box by pressing x at the right hand top corner. If you open LAN settings again the automatically detect settings will still be un-ticked

#4 Blaine B.

Blaine B.

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:18 PM

That is strange. Are you getting a blank page in your browser or are you receiving some sort of message?

#5 b-tech2011

b-tech2011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:56 AM

No message at all in the browser, just does not load up the home page which has been redirected

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users