Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

possible infection, jpg's won't open

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Pandee2

Pandee2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

I thought I had posted a message Thursday but don't see it so I will try this again.

I am running Vista Home Basic
Superanti spyware
Malwarebytes
HiJack This
TweakNow
Emsisoft Anti malware
CCleaner
AVG free virus

I have run these previous to finding this forum. I did save logs from Emsisoft, Malwarebytes, and a quarentine file from SUPERAnti spyware.

The first thing I noticed a few months back was that my yahoo mail sign in was being redirected. At the time I was in school for A+, Net+ and MCP. I checked with my teacher but didn't get any help. That is when I found all the tools I now use to clean and check for problems.

The email no longer redirects but I cannot open any jpg files. Error message states the location of the file and says "cannot be opened." It looks like the pictures are now attempting to open in Nero Photo snap viewer essentials. Nero is a CD/DVD copy/burn program.
At one point I could not open any browser windows in my profile but could on my kids profiles. I created a new admin profile and was successful in accessing the internet. I ran the different programs on this new profile and kids profile then was able to run in my profile at which time I could then open all browsers. I run IE9, Firefox and Google Chrome.
Jpg's are still not accessable.

Thanks

Edited by Pandee2, 28 May 2011 - 12:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users