Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Pavilion A747c Won't Boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 builderbob

builderbob

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:03 PM

I have an hp pavilion a747c that won't boot up.When turned on the fans come on. All the voltages from the power supply are present.I can hear the hdd motor spinning but no bios ever comes up.I've tried booting with a norton disk and the recovery disk with no luck.I've also tried a different monitor. HELP PLEASE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:05 PM

Switch off, take out the RAM and re-insert one RAM stick only (if more than one). Power up and see if there is any difference. If not and you have more than one RAM stick, swap the sticks.

If that does not help disconnect everything except the floppy drive, take out all add-on cards except for the video card (if there is one), unplug everything from the back except the power, monitor, keyboard and mouse. Reboot.

Any changes? Any beeps?

:thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 builderbob

builderbob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 06 January 2006 - 08:12 PM

thanks for the advice I'll give it a try

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users