Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Problems, #7

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Turnberry

Turnberry

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

Hi there

Malware Protection is itself the virus - it's a type of infection known as a rogue Programme as it pretends to be a real anti spyware/virus programme to scare you into purchasing it.

If you do have malware protection, have a look at the removal guide for it here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-malwareprotector2008

If it is that particular rogue, follow the instructions if you can and see if that helps to clear it. If that doesn't work, post again to get more expert help!

I have the same virus that the OP posted. This is a new virus and is not the same as the one referenced in the above link. I have access to the internet in safe mode. The virus went away for a few hours, but it came back. I haven't been able to get rid of the virus using Malwarebyte's, Super Antispyware, along with several other programs.

EDIT: Good news, I have rid the virus from my wife's desktop. The virus is still on mine so I hope to resolve it soon.

Edited by hamluis, 28 May 2011 - 10:50 AM.
Split from different topic, PM sent new OP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users