Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freeze after 30 mins

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 enterthevoid

enterthevoid

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:43 AM

Hi guys

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64bit and have not installed any new software apart from The Witcher game a few days ago.
Now after 30 mins of switching the PC on the pc freezes but the music from winamp keeps playing and the mouse is able to move.
Only option is to do a hard reset of the machine.
Could this be a hard drive fault?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:46 AM

Please boot to safe mode. Does the same thing happen?

#3 enterthevoid

enterthevoid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:50 AM

The pc has been fine for past hour so next time it happens I will try that.
This is not the first time however, last month after I updated Flash player to the latest version it kept on freezing in same way until I uninstalled flash.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:52 AM

I want to isolate whether this is likely a software or hardware issue. In order to do that we need a clean boot and the easiest way to do that is to boot to safe mode. Please do that now and leave the system alone for a few hours and then see if it is running normally or if there is a problem.

#5 enterthevoid

enterthevoid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:58 AM

I am unable to do that atm as I am in middle of a backup and doing some university work.
thanks for the help. if you keep this topic open for a few days and then when I get a chance to do that I will do it and report back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users