Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Recovery - post-removal help.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 coryj101

coryj101

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:56 AM

This has to be somewhere else as well, I just can't find anything relevant. Sorry in advance. After removing the Windows 7 Recovery virus, all shortcuts have been removed. It even took away the Run access button (have to use Win+R now) and all shortcuts to IE and Firefox. Everything is still hidden, and I need to know if this can be easily remedied. I watched a YouTube video where it all just came right back for a guy, following removal. Any ideas?

Toshiba Satellite, Windows 7 Home 32-bit.

Edit: Oh, and it has deleted my user files, along with all the info therein, along with all Microsoft software, like Office and even the damned media player.

Edited by coryj101, 28 May 2011 - 02:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users