Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD to MP3

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ubiq

Ubiq

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

Hello!
Thank you for reading.
I just got an Sony Walkman mp3 player and I want to put my cd collection on it. What is the best software for this?
Usually I like freeware, but I'm willing to pay a bit for something that has instructions I can find and has some user recommendations to reassure me.
Thanks again! :P

Machine: Toshiba Portege r705-P41, Dual Boot: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Ubuntu 15.04
CPU: Intel Core i5 460M @ 2.53GHz Arrandale 32nm Technology,
RAM: 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20), Motherboard: TOSHIBA Portable PC (rBGA1288 Socket)
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics Revision 2 1720 MBytes

Speccy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

BC maintains a thread entitled "Freeware Replacements for Common Commercial Apps" -- <HERE>. Cursor down to the section titled "CD & DVD Applications" for several suggestions and links. Exact Audio Copy and Express Rip look like a match. (I use EAC -- it does a great job, but it can be a bit slow since it really, really tries to make an EXACT copy!)

#3 Ubiq

Ubiq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

Awesome! Exactly what I needed. Thank you so much! :thumbsup:

Machine: Toshiba Portege r705-P41, Dual Boot: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Ubuntu 15.04
CPU: Intel Core i5 460M @ 2.53GHz Arrandale 32nm Technology,
RAM: 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20), Motherboard: TOSHIBA Portable PC (rBGA1288 Socket)
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics Revision 2 1720 MBytes

Speccy

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:08 AM

Best way I've found is to rip it using Windows Media Player and use the online database to fill in the id3 Tags. I transferred my 700+ CD collection to MP3 a few years back.

Word of advice, make CD/DVD backups of the MP3 files. If you're like me and end up with 120GB+ of music you Do Not want to do it again. Also organization is key make sure the rip to folder is where you want it all to go in the end. windows Media Player should also be able to sync the walkman so it can perform both functions instead of needing 2 separate programs.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users