Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox 5.0 achingly slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Makalai

Makalai

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

Hi everyone,

As my first post I'd like to ask for help regarding my wife's PC. She's using an eMachines EL1330, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, AMD Athlon II 160u processor, Nvidia Geforce 6150SE graphics, 2GB DDR2 Ram and 500GB hard drive. Since its first use it has had many programs installed on it yet never to full capacity so there has always been 'breathing space' so to speak. Our eldest has of late been using it to access a variety of video sites, mainly for software reviews etc. The following, which was viewed on Friday alone is just a small example of kind of stuff he accesses.

Mod Edit: Links removed ~ rigel

Since accessing the above my wife's PC now accesses the internet like a blind man searching for his dropped walking stick in a forest. Suffice to say it can remain stuck for some time 'searching', even when you just type in 'Google'. Can the above sites cause this slowness? We've emptied cache, stopped irrelevant services, ran Spyware Doctor which actually removed a LOT of problems I never knew we had and yet it still is running slow. It was never like this a few weeks ago and worked fine with no problem. I look forward to hearing from you.

Maka

Edited by rigel, 27 May 2011 - 09:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:10 PM

just a small suggestion. maybe try using SUPERAntiSpyware. that helps some too.

#3 fuhred

fuhred

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:38 PM

Hi everyone,

As my first post I'd like to ask for help regarding my wife's PC. She's using an eMachines EL1330, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, AMD Athlon II 160u processor, Nvidia Geforce 6150SE graphics, 2GB DDR2 Ram and 500GB hard drive. Since its first use it has had many programs installed on it yet never to full capacity so there has always been 'breathing space' so to speak. Our eldest has of late been using it to access a variety of video sites, mainly for software reviews etc. The following, which was viewed on Friday alone is just a small example of kind of stuff he accesses.

Mod Edit: Links removed ~ rigel

Since accessing the above my wife's PC now accesses the internet like a blind man searching for his dropped walking stick in a forest. Suffice to say it can remain stuck for some time 'searching', even when you just type in 'Google'. Can the above sites cause this slowness? We've emptied cache, stopped irrelevant services, ran Spyware Doctor which actually removed a LOT of problems I never knew we had and yet it still is running slow. It was never like this a few weeks ago and worked fine with no problem. I look forward to hearing from you.

Maka

I am finding Firefox 5.0 slow with some sites lately as well, but more importantly, you need to get rid of Spyware Doctor! I had this on my computer a few years ago and it caused no end of problems. You mention it removes a lot of problems you never knew you had. Well, it put the problems there in the first place. Eventually it corrupted the registry on my computer so badly that a lot of programs weren't working correctly. It also 'found' over 6000 problems on my computer on one scan! Frustrated, I downloaded and used 'Spybot - search and destroy' (www.safer-networking.org) and in one scan it totally removed Spyware Doctor from my system and everything was working properly again.

Edited by fuhred, 04 July 2011 - 07:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users