Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't delete Paretologic PC Health Advisor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 n01paranoid

n01paranoid

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

After supposedly uninstalling Paretologic PC Health Advisor (I've since discovered Paretologic products have a very dubious reputation) I'm left with this file. I can't delete it, open it, or anything.

I've tried just about everything - FileAssassin, Killbox, Unlocker, and none work, and when I go into the file's properties it says I do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings. It doesn't appear in Vista's programs and features as being an installed program either.

Has anyone else encountered this. Malwarebytes doesn't detect it as malware. Is it dangerous and how can I get rid of it?

Edited by n01paranoid, 27 May 2011 - 03:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 n01paranoid

n01paranoid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:05 AM

Sorry guys. Sorted. I'd forgotten I'd blocked it in Comodo. :blush:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users