Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms Works 6.0 And Works Suite 2006

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 grandpaw7

grandpaw7

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:13 PM

Works 6.0 and Works Suite 2006 problem

I now have MS Works 6.0 and am thinking about buying and installing Works Suite 2006. The reason is that I have a few databases on Works 6.0 with a number column and an item column. I used to print off the database and get a printout with the columns side by side. Now, for some reason, when I print out I get the items printed first, with no numbers column, and then the numbers column prints out with no item column. I have no idea how to fix that. If anyone happens to know how to fix that, I will just keep Works 6 and spend the money on wine, women and song. Otherwise, I will get Works Suite 2006 and hope that it doesn't have that problem, and also that I what I now have in Works 6.0 will show up in Works Suite 2006 when I install it.

I also presume that I do not want to uninstall Works 6.0 before installing Works Suite so that I won't lose what is on Works 6.0. Is that right?

Thank you, grandpaw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:24 PM

It appears that your problem may be caused by a change in your printer settings,especially if the spreadsheets appear normally when you view them. Have you tried to redo these? Upgrading Works (assuming the old spreadsheets will be compatible) seems an expensive way to fix a simple problem, and an upgrade may not fix it if the printing settings remain the same.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 grandpaw7

grandpaw7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:37 PM

igweed, I could not find anyway to adjust my printer settings that affected the way my MS Works Databases print. I also couldn't find this thread just now, so I opened a new thread inquiring aboout reinstalling MS Works 6.0 (and once again inquiring about the pringing problem. Then, I did a search again and found this thread. Thanks for your input. grandpaw7

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:03 PM

If you have the Works disk, then uninstall the current one, and then reinstall it from that disk.
Instructions for finding all your BC posts will be found in my reply to your other post.
Cheers,
John

#5 grandpaw7

grandpaw7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:29 PM

Thank you, John. That's what I wanted to know. Case dismissed. grandpaw7

#6 grandpaw7

grandpaw7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:22 PM

Now I've contacted Dell Support and he referred me to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;en-us;Q260642 which enabled me to solve the problem by doing some settings changes I hadn't known were available.

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:49 PM

Thanks for letting us know, and hopefully the answer saved you from reinstalling Works. Where were the setting changes?
Regards,
John

#8 grandpaw7

grandpaw7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:03 PM

BELATED REPLY, BUT MAYBE IT WILL BENEFIT SOMEONE WITH THE SAME KIND OF PROBLEM:

John, I hate that when I fail to respond to someone who is helping me out. Like I do everything else that I do wrong, I blame it squarely on old age, even though I had the same problems when I weren't old. Anyhow, and this is attributable to old age, I can't recall exactly the steps I took, but I assume that they are the steps stated below, for the benefit of others who migh be dealing with the same problem. I do remember that what I did involved the Page Setup settings:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;en-us;Q260642

SYMPTOMS
When you print a Web page that contains a table or frames that are wider than the print area, the right side of the table or frame may not be printed, and a second page that includes the truncated part of the table or frame may not be printed.

WORKAROUND
To work around this issue, for both tables and frames, reduce the page margins or print the page in Landscape mode to increase the printable area.
To reduce the margins, follow these steps:
1. On the File menu, click Page Setup.
2. Under Margins, type 0 in the Left box and the Right box.
3. Click OK.
4. Print the page again.
If changing the margins does not resolve the issue, change to Landscape mode. To do so, follow these steps:
1. On the File menu, click Page Setup.
2. Under Orientation, click Landscape.
3. Click OK.
4. Print the page again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users