Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer with windows 7 gives me strange messages at start up!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nickmurie

nickmurie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:41 AM

I bought an ASUS K50 IJ notebook from Best Buy a year ago with OS windows 7 and Web browser IE8 I then installed IE update 9 beta which I felt was more user friendly. I began to notice on my homepage that the pictures in relation to the news articles would not load up. So I spoke to geek Tech at Best Buy and they said to install the final IE 9 update and that should take care of the issues. Well after I restarted my laptop after the IE9 finalized update. I have found more glitches either because of the IE9 or there may have beena rogue virus installed that mimics an actual program so my antivirus software is not picking it up. I can access my start up icon but when I type in to search for a specific program my screen goes blank and offers no programs I can click to show all programsbut thats about it. Also a few programs in my hard drive show they are their under their names but when I try open them they say file does not exist. I have tried to install other web browsewrs. when I run the program like google chrome it starts to install and then says application will not work check with vendor. And I am fairly knowledgeable about computers but I need someone who knows quite a bit more than myself. I have been told by one geek squad employee that I just needed to get rid of Internet explorer 9 but I need t0 get another web browser before I try yo do it. I am asking you fellow members for help because I have 2 daughters to take care of on my own and I really cant afford to spend the $300.00 plus dollars they are telling me it will cost. so do any of you guys have any suggestions or has this happened to you before? Please any help you all can offer me would be gretly appreciated. My thanks to you all in advance! God Bless t

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

Uninstall both IE9 Beta and IE9 RTM. Follow this guide to uninstall, then re-install IE9
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/112121-internet-explorer-9-uninstall.html

Also, read this tutorial on how to do certain things you want to do using IE9 http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/257-windows-7-tutorial-index.html#post1072 :thumbup2:

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users