Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I removed Windows Vista Recovery, Now I need to

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AstroIROC

AstroIROC

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

I had a tough time removing windows vista recovery WVR, but managed. I used mbam in safe mode and it would stop scanning after 15 minutes or so several times. I finally ended it early to get rid of about 200 or so infections. it still would stall midway through. I tried rkill. mbam would still stall midway in both safe and normal modes. but after running rkill i was able to identify 2 random running files, 1 of which i noted killed the WVR. So i manually went in and deleted both random files. Yahoo!! it got rid of the WVR. now I need to restore the start menu icons and desktop icons. I did use unhide several times but they don't gome back, I did temporarly remove the AV and Mbam to run the unhide as stated at the end of the program, but that don't seem to work either, do I need to manually put them back. Thanks for the help
I am hungry for knowledge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users