Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Windows 7 virus?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 radiologist

radiologist

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:04 AM

Hello all!

Yesterday, my computer was working fine, but this morning it started acting strange. After I restarted my computer, everything was in classic view, and when I try to open Windows Security Center it gives me the error "the windows security center service can't be started."

So then I tried to do system restore... but I get this error "System restore does not appear to be functioning correctly on thsi system. a volume shadow copy service component encountered an unexpected error. check the application event log for more information."

I find it strange that this would happen all of a sudden .... it seems like a virus to me, but I'm not sure. I'm currently scanning with NOD32 and windows malware removal software, I will post back the results as soon as they are complete!

If there is any information that I need to tell you guys, just let me know. I would really appreciate your help!

I'm running Windows 7 ultimate, with all the latest updates installed.

EDIT:

I just finished scanning my computer with ESET NOD32 and windows malicious software removal tool... both programs came up clean!

I'm really baffled as to what is going on here... I didn't do anything particularly drastic in the last 24 hours ... help please!

Edited by radiologist, 27 May 2011 - 08:54 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:27 AM

Try the instructions here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprogeneral/thread/37722bcb-3d0b-4de7-a3d3-1ca8ef85caf7 by Arthur Xie

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users