Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how do i view my old posts/topics

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 balkrish999

balkrish999

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:04 AM

i know this may sound silly - how do i view my old topics i click on my profile and click on topics - ONLY SOME of my topics are there i made a topic like a year ago where is that topic? Thanks

Edited by jgweed, 29 May 2011 - 09:00 AM.
thread moved to more appropriate forum.jgw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

Go to the top of the page and click your name then click my topics. see here: Posted Image
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:10 PM

Remember, topics are posts you are the originator/starter of. Posts are replies to other topics or your own topics. Make sure you are looking under the correct tab for the information you are seeking.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 balkrish999

balkrish999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:18 AM

kk thanks for that but when i click on that it says

(Search limited from 30-May 01)

i think my post/topic ws older than that so what shall i do , shall i make a new topic?

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:27 AM

If you started the topic, click My Content.

When the page for your content opens, click the drop-down arrow and choose View all topics balkrish999 has started.

You should be able to look through and find the topic.

I see the same thing you do (Search limited from 30-May 01) but every topic I have started since my first day here at BC is listed.

What was the topic about?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 May 2011 - 08:33 AM.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:20 PM

i think my post/topic ws older than that so what shall i do , shall i make a new topic?

If it was older than 2001 then your topic/post wasn't made here. That is 10 years ago and Bleeping Computer came into existence in 2004. We set the search date back beyond 2004 to be as inclusive as possible which is why it says 2001.

Add to that it's impossible you made a topic before that since your join date is 24-January 2010, which is 18 months ago. I see 80 posts when I look at your history, 4 pages of 20 posts. The only way you won't see a topic or post is if it was deleted or removed from regular member view. Which I don't see any of your posts or topics having had that happen to. So every post or topic you made is viewable.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 balkrish999

balkrish999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:43 AM

If it was older than 2001 then your topic/post wasn't made here. That is 10 years ago and Bleeping Computer came into existence in 2004. We set the search date back beyond 2004 to be as inclusive as possible which is why it says 2001.

Add to that it's impossible you made a topic before that since your join date is 24-January 2010, which is 18 months ago. I see 80 posts when I look at your history, 4 pages of 20 posts. The only way you won't see a topic or post is if it was deleted or removed from regular member view. Which I don't see any of your posts or topics having had that happen to. So every post or topic you made is viewable.

thanks yh osrry for this - can you close this now

and Thank You for replying :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users