Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped workin

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TheGoobKid

TheGoobKid

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:35 AM

I've been having a few problems with my computer's sound, a while ago, i kept getting the

"Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working" at start up, and Realtek HD audio manager(came with the Dell XPS 15) crashes everytime i put my hand near that button (its right next to the mute button and is very sensitive).

I reinstalled my sound card drivers and it fixed the rundll32 problem and the Realtek Hd audio manager is working, but now every time i play a sound, eg Youtube/Game/music or even Windows sounds, it sounds like a broken tape recorder with some slight static and just seems to lag. Im pretty sure my computer can actually handle all the things ive been doing, at least they were working fine before, but this is getting more frequent.

I ran malwarebyte's antimalware, but that seems to crash just before it finishes and my computer goes with it. So im not too sure what to do here.

I am considering just restoring the computer back to factory settings, but i havent backed up my files yet. any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users