Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Protection Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hello1234

Hello1234

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

Hello,

I am currently running Vista Ultimate on my computer and recently I have acquired the Malware Protection virus on my computer, which constantly tries to get me to buy its fake software and will not allow me to open any programs or applications.(In case you are wondering, I am using another computer right now.)

Whenever I try to open something, my computer displays the "W32 Blasterworm virus" thing in the lower right hand corner of my screen. I had Malwarebytes installed on my computer before I got the virus, however the virus will not let me open that program. I also tried doing System Restore, but like I said, my computer won't let me open anything.

I tried to run my computer in Safe Mode, thinking that I could run Malwarebytes in Safe Mode and my problem would be solved, but whenever I try to get into Safe Mode, I get a "Input Not Supported" screen. I looked up that problem and it seems like I need an older monitor, but I don't have one of those available. I'm also not sure if the error I'm getting is because of the virus, or because I need an older monitor because of something to do with the resolution, like I said. (Bear with me- I'm really not very good with computers!!)

Is it necessary for me to run my computer in safe mode in order to get rid of the virus? Are there any solutions I can do myself to fix the problem and get rid of the virus?

Thank you,
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if you need any additional information please ask- I'm new to this site.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chcknlnchr

chcknlnchr

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:01 AM

g

Edited by chcknlnchr, 10 July 2011 - 03:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users