Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow windows 2003 server (really slow)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Schling

Schling

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

My sbs server takes at least an hour to reboot. "Start" menu sometimes takes 10 - 15 seconds to pop up. All access to server is extremely slow causing time out errors on programs.

Started 2 weeks ago. Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but, I started up Primavera (Scheduling/Contract manager program) and system slowed down. I thought it was just using too much memory so I shut it down. System didn't get any better. I have tried to uninstall program but it says it is missing a file and won't let me uninstall. Tried to re-install but says it can't read/write to a file and will not let me re-install.

Since then, I have run McAffee several times. Uninstalled and re-installed and ran again. Ran Malware Bytes and only had one issue which has been removed. Subsequent scans come up negative. Tried loading and running TDSSKILLER but freezes at 80% of initilization. The system will not let me stop the process unless I re-boot. TDSSKILLER is using 50% of CPU.

When not running TDSSKILLER, CPU is running less than 20%. Memory has 45% - 70% available. 364 GB free space on HDD.

System:
Windows Server 2003 / Small Business System - SP2
Pentium D CPU 3.40GHz/3.40GHz
3.37GB RAM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users