Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sigh...try AGAIN....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MarcusW

MarcusW

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

I have NHL 09 which was the last (and frankly seriously disappointing) release of the franchise that EA said they were gonna do for the PC.
I've been buying NHL games since NHL 99. Most of them are now history. The one I do have still is NHL 08. I'd like to be able to play it properly because I prefer the commentary that's done by Thorne and Clement. That's where the problem starts though. I've installed it, and reinstalled it but the result is pretty much the same. I can get no sound at all, except for the crowd during gameplay and the usual on ice sound effects like the puck getting smacked off a crossbar or whatever. But no commentary, and no music - yet bizarrely I get a little music during the loading screen before a match starts. Any ideas on how to fix this besides compatibility mode? I'd REALLY appreciate some help on this one.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wing43

wing43

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:33 AM

have you tried patching it?

#3 MarcusW

MarcusW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

have you tried patching it?

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you on that one. I've tried looking for a patch for it, but I'm not getting any specific to Windows 7 64 bit.
I tried the EA forums, but I'm still not seeing a cotton-pickin' thing. If you should happen to find one that may fix the sound issue in W7 then please do enlighten me, whereupon all your reward is likely to be is being showered with undying gratitude.

#4 wing43

wing43

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:02 PM

http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/NHL08/
try this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users