Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant find Window System 32

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ZoeyBlue

ZoeyBlue

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

I logged onto my PC today and as soon as I logged into my account a erro came up. It is a Rundll stating that- error loading c:\window\system32\mafuradi.dll This specified module can not be found.
My concern is, what is this and what can I do about it. Contacted Windows and they said that since the windows XP program came with my dell PC. I need to contact them. Dell says my warranty has run out and they can not serve me.If anyone can point me in the right direction as to what this is and how ill it affect my PC later I would appreciate it. My PC has since gone to a turtle crawl and will not let me do a system restore. Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,575 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:43 PM

First of all, chill :)

That's not a Windows file so it's either malware or some program you installed is looking for that .dll in order to start. Download and run Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel and look for any app that's starting with the system with which you aren't familiar. Uncheck it and reboot. Does the message still appear?
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:51 PM

I suspect malware.
Definitely not a Windows file.

Download, install, update and run MalwareBytes AntiMalware and SuperAntiSpyware
Get the free versions of both.
Do the complete scan. It could take a while so check on it every once in a while.
Remove all elements found & reboot.
See if that takes care of it.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 ZoeyBlue

ZoeyBlue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

there is a program there with the exact same as the described..should I uncheck it and try? I am so PC illiterate {:(

#5 ZoeyBlue

ZoeyBlue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:41 PM

thank you Allen..The error report is no longer popping up on entry. But is this malware still in my pc and should I still download and run the spy/malware program. I use Norton on this Pc and it hasn't and didnt catch a thing with this..thank you so much again

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,575 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:46 PM

There's certainly no harm in using MalwareBytes and running scans now and then (in addition to your resident anti virus). May I assume you found a startup program that was causing the problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users