Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer has Trouble Loading Web Pages

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jaf72

jaf72

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

I'm not really sure how to describe this so I'm sorry if I seem a bit vague.

Whenever I'm browsing the internet on my laptop, for some reason there will be a random moment when my browser will sit for ages trying to load a web page, and then give me an error message along the lines of "the web page is unavailable".

I check that I'm still connected and, according to my computer, my network is working fine.

Then if I disconnect from my network and then re-connect, the internet is up and running again like nothing's happened.

Sometimes I can go for several hours before it happens, sometimes it happens every 5 seconds.

Is there anything I can do to stop it?

I'm connected wirelessly on a laptop that's running Windows Vista Basic, and my default browser is Google Chrome.

I'll be grateful for any advice.

Edited by jaf72, 26 May 2011 - 04:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 srd

srd

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:56 PM

I have a very similar problem, except my browser does not load pages at all. Please let me know if I should start a new thread.

Other computers at home are connecting through the same wireless router without issue. This problem has existed for couple weeks, I do not recall what was the last change.

I have tried the following:

Browsers - IE, FireFox, Chrome
Connection - WiFi and LAN connection to the router
Ping - to www.google.com works (33ms)
ipconfig - ip assigned
Anti-Virus - disabling AVG didn't help

Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users