Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Control Panel problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerJoe2

ComputerJoe2

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:36 PM

Just removed a pile of bugs from an XP Media Center PC and can not open "Internet Options", went to Users to create a new user and the new user form skips right over the field where the name is supposed to be entered, cannot click into it, hit tab and a series of error messages pop up. Obviously the registry was messed with but where do I look? I also tried SFC /scannow which only returned an error. Have run A/V. Spybot, AdAware, Malwarebytes, hijack this, and CCleaner already.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

Since you have ran HiJack This, Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

#3 ComputerJoe2

ComputerJoe2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

That problem fixed itself after getting windows updates (including IE8).
I was searching the registry policies and everything and cam up with zip.
Hijackthis had nothing out of the ordinary...I googled anything not standard fare.
I DID COPY INETCPL.CPL DOWN FROM SYSTEM32/DLLCACHE BEFORE TESTING SO THAT MIGHT HAVE DONE IT TOO.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users