Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should I use Combofix?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 glorifiedkaraoke

glorifiedkaraoke

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:03 AM

Hello all. I'm interested in knowing if I should run Combofix. All this started when I started to get pop-up tabs in Firefox.

Here is what has been done so far... (running Windows XP)

1. AVG detected different types of malware and would either A.) remove it or B.) move to vault.

2. Ran anti-spyware through AVG and it detected 6 types of malware. Most of them were trojan horses. Some said something to the effect of Firefox memory or something. I believe AVG could only remove 4 of the alerts.

3. Ran Spy-Bot in safe mode and removed what it detected. There was two Microsoft Windows Security it detected along with Caslmedia, RightMedia, etc.

4. Ran Malware Bytes Anti-Spyware and it detected 14 things after running full scan.

Essentially, I'm still getting popup tabs and flash audio doesn't work in FF or IE. I can hear audio from Windows Media Player but not flash. The video is there but no audio.

What can I do next?

Edited by hamluis, 26 May 2011 - 06:45 AM.
Moved to Am I Infected from XP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:42 AM

Please read the following:

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help - Look here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic273628.html

<<Should I use Combofix?>>

I believe the above link answers that question...I will move your topic to an appropriate malware forum where BC Staff will attempt to assist you with your malware situation.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 26 May 2011 - 06:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users