Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

html vs WP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

Wordpress is a very impressive with what it can do, at no cost.

My question is html vs WP? Which one is "better" can I incorporate them together?

I guess html would be a page that has more static content as apposed to WordPress more for blogs...

Should I stick to my guns :cowboy: and develop websites with html or should I consider WordPress?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

You do realize that the part of wordpress that you see in the browser is HTML? You also realize that the only way to make useful content appear in the browser is to use HTML? I don't care if it is dynamically generated with ASP, PHP, or Javascript. It is still HTML. Your assumption is incorrect. The only thing that makes Wordpress dynamic is how it generates its HTML. You could do the same thing yourself.

You use HTML to create web pages. You use some sort of a language to make dynamic websites. Wordpress is one example of how one can use HTML and PHP to make a web site. Your question doesn't really make sense.

Wordpress is not really used to create websites. It is a blogging platform.

#3 icemantaz

icemantaz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:14 AM

I have to say wordpress is great for creating websites, not just blogs. Currently working on a new site now and its going to be a multi tabbed site with just one part for a blog the rest for advertising services etc.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:46 AM

I didn't say it couldn't be used, I just said that it is meant to be a blogging platform. I can cut steak with a dull butter knife; that doesn't mean that was what the butter knife was designed for.

#5 joggiwagga

joggiwagga

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:24 PM

That being said, some of us aren't going to get in over our heads with a 'dull butter knife'. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users