Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck cursor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tomcatlover

tomcatlover

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:38 PM

Don't know if this belongs here, but anyway.........I just swapped out an old computer for a new one. I moved the old one to another room and hooked everything up, but the mouse cursor is stuck in the center of the screen. I have no idea what I did to cause that. I tried shutting down then rebooting, and swapping mice, but no joy. Anyone got an idea how to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:15 PM

Hello

Does your keyboard work?

If it does {

boot your computer press F8 key > SafeMode > See if it works there > Report your result back here. (Please)
}
else {
with computer on > insert a flashdrive into usb port (one that has light) see if the light comes up > if it does not something is up with your usb ports (a loose connection maybe on M.Bo)

}

Edited by JUICYboy, 25 May 2011 - 06:16 PM.

#3 tomcatlover

tomcatlover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:43 AM

Thanks Juicy,
The thought of booting into safe mode occurred to me too. I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.

I might add that when I was setting the computer up in the other room, I had plugged in the mouse that came with the new system....perhaps that caused a software conflict? Somehow the 'New hardware found' box opened up, but the screen freezes, and I have to shut down. I also get a dialogue balloon that says 'USB human interface device' I've never seen that one before.

Gateway SX2803-25e Win 7 Home Premium Intel Pentium E5800 processor Intel GMA X4500 Graphics 1TB HD,6GB DDR3 Memory
HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC Win 7 Home Premium SP1 AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.5 GHz 4 GB RAM 64-bit OS
Ipad 2, ver 7.0.4 13.2 GB capacity

#4 tomcatlover

tomcatlover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:58 AM

Ok.......I went into safe mode, but no luck. Rebooted, and switched USB ports. Success! Mouse now works as before.

Thanks for the suggestion. :thumbsup:

Gateway SX2803-25e Win 7 Home Premium Intel Pentium E5800 processor Intel GMA X4500 Graphics 1TB HD,6GB DDR3 Memory
HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC Win 7 Home Premium SP1 AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.5 GHz 4 GB RAM 64-bit OS
Ipad 2, ver 7.0.4 13.2 GB capacity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users