Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sent by m0le, slow computer even after reformatting, no malware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 v00d00d0ll

v00d00d0ll

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:35 PM

(continues description: "EVERYTIME!!")

Malware Forum Discussion with m0le

Hello all,

My computer is ruining my life (okay.. that's a little dramatic... but in all honesty it REALLY sucks right now), so any help anyone can offer would be GREATLY appreciated!

My computer (at work) has been running VERY slowly for a while now, I was assuming it was just a RAM issue, but m0le said it shouldn't be and I should check here for any answers... I'm not exactly sure what I should include on this post, but if anyone has any specific questions I'd be more than happy to answer any of them as quickly as possible!

The main problem, as my "topic description" states, is that every time I attempt to multi-task my computer pretty much freaks the bleep out... It lags, flashes screens periodically, and then does that thing where it makes your window look all ghost-y and u can't click anything cause it's "thinking"... a few moments later it'll either crash or just start working... while having it work after a few moments of "thinking" isn't the ABSOLUTE WORST it really does add on a lot of extra time to my work day, not to mention it's just irritating lol, I'm sure someone here can agree!

Anyway, like I said, I'm not sure what information anyone would need to help me w/this... but please do not hesitate to ask and I'll try to respond as quickly as possible!

Thanks everyone!
Ash

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 j0eshm0e711

j0eshm0e711

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:45 PM

Have you checked task manager for CPU usage (for a specific program) and for available RAM. If your CPU usage is low and you have enough RAM, then you can try downloading SpeedFAN to check your system temperatures.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

1. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and post the result.

2. Download System Information for Windows (SIW free version)
No installation required.

After it scans your computer, navigate to Hardware>Sensors and post all info from there.

Posted Image

3. Download Process Explorer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
Unzip ProcessExplorer.zip, and double click on procexp.exe to run the program.
Click on View > Select Colunms.
In addition to already pre-selected options, make sure, the Command Line is selected, and press OK.
Go File>Save As, and save the report as Procexp.txt.
Attach the file to your next reply.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users