Unfortunately, you had to run something, which emptied temporary folder.
In this case, there is no other way but to restore missing items manually.
You can restore the defaults for the Start Menu, Accessories and Administrative Tools as follows:
- Then click on the Restore button.
For other shortcuts....
- Download App Paths
- Double click on AppPaths.exe to run the program.
- Keep the program open.
In this example I'll recreate an entry for Avast
- Go Start>All Programs.
- Right click on Avast entry, click "Properties".
NOTE. Make sure, you right click on Avast program, NOT on Avast folder.
Due to the damage caused by the infection, you'll find "Target" box empty.
- Go back to AppPaths window and find Avast entry.
- Right click on Avast line, click "Edit".
- A pop-up window will open:
- Highlight everything in "Path" box, right click on it, click "Copy"
- Go back to Avast "Properties" window, right click inside "Target" box, click "Paste".
- IMPORTANT! Add quotation marks at the beginning of the path and at the end
- Click OK and you're done.
Edited by Broni, 26 May 2011 - 05:55 PM.