Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joggiwagga

joggiwagga

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

So I was recently inspired (ok bored at work) to look up my favorite computer game as a kid.

Turns out the game is still out there so I can finally prove to people that I did not completely imagine this game (made by the same studio as Duke Nukem actually).
http://www.3drealms.com/cosmo/

On the off chance that anyone on this forum may have even heard of this game, is it known if the purchasable version is the full game with all three episodes? I'm guessing it is, considering they still offer the first episode as a free shareware download. Also, how much of a pain is it to get a game designed to run in Windows 3.1 or in DOS on an XP machine? They have a link to a download called DOSBox but I've never experimented with it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dcJeff

dcJeff

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

This site has a link/url that says it leads to downloading all 3 episodes. I didn't go there, so I can't speak to whether or not its virus free, but it does claim to have all three episodes available for download.

http://www.mombu.com/games/apogee/t-cosmos-cosmic-adventure-all-3-episodes-free-to-download-1282375.html

Ps...I remember playing this game as a kid. I loved it!!! :thumbsup:

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

WOW! What a great game it was :)
I just downloaded and installed it in "D-Fend Reloaded" and it plays wonderfully.
Thanks for sharing :)

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:15 AM

Ha ha! I loved Cosmo - as an adult... charming little game.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 dcJeff

dcJeff

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

I think the games I remember most as a kid are Cosmo, the Kings Quest series, and Joe and Mac B)

#6 joggiwagga

joggiwagga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:27 PM

I'm loving the game as an adult too. :D

Also if anyone's curious there is no problem at all downloading the files and installing them on an XP machine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users