Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
(v1.50.1) and save it to your desktop.
Malwarebytes' may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Double-click on the setup file to install, then follow these instructions for doing a Quick Scan in normal mode.
- Don't forget to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable method) before scanning.
Note: If Malwarebytes' encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes' from removing all the malware.
- After completing the scan, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab .
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
- Exit Malwarebytes' when done.
-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, please refer to the suggestions provided in For those having trouble running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
as you may need to rename it or use RKill
Please download SUPERAntiSpyware Free
and follow these instructions
for performing a scan.
- Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
- Be sure to update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".
If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here.
- To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
- Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
- Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
- If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
- Click Close to exit the program.
- Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
-- Some types of malware will disable security tools. If SUPERAntiSpyware will not install, please refer to these instructions
for using the SUPERAntiSpyware Installer. If SUPERAntiSpyware is already installed but will not run, then follow the instructions for using RUNSAS.EXE to launch the program.
-- Alternatively, you can download and use the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner
or perform a SUPERAntiSpyware Online Safe Scan
(both listed under Popular Links
) instead. If you cannot download from the infected computer, save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer it. Then double-click on the file to launch the portable version and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.