Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Trojan and Malware Infection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 buttercup39

buttercup39

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:12 AM

Please excuse and deviation fromprotocol as it is my first post!
I had no indication of anything wrong until a sudden eruption of AVG, firewall, malware protection etc when something tried to re-direct my webpage.
Briefly a warning flashed up saying I had about 7 infections including 2 trojans and a keylogger, along with ln2000, hijacker etc
There was still no obvious disruption to my machine, although I then realized I must have had hijacker for some weeks without realizing it as I had had the classical symptoms of the about:blank in the address bar.

I have run Malwarebytes AntiMalware, Adaware, Superantispyware and Windows Malicious Tool Remover with good effect. It took several runs to get rid of all the bugs, and sometimes a rescan discovered a new infection! However the last 2 scans with each of the above has been completely clean.

However I am now a bit nervous. None of the scans showed up a keylogger. Some of the bugs only showed up on subsequent scans - is that a flaw or re-infection? I have no idea where I could be getting infected. Is it possible I sill have bugs that are not showing up on my scans? Is there some way of getting an all clear?

Also these scans really only say when you are infected - is there some way of finding screening them out before you get caught?
Many thanks for any help you can offer
Regards
buttercup39

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Comp39

Comp39

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:49 AM

What OS are you using, as in XP/Vista/Windows7?

If it is XP, you may have to turn off System restore, this thou will delete all prior restore points. The point of this is, maleware sits inside Restore points and therefore comeback.

Try out Spywaredoctor, http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/download/

Thou you get a free scan any deletion you have to do yourself, so for gods sake be-careful.

Any further help required please do get back to us.

#3 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:42 PM

Hello.

is there some way of finding screening them out before you get caught

This is the role of your Antivirus. You should have it enabled at all times, and make sure to always keep it updated. Additionally, be sure to keep all other programs up to date as well, especially your Java and your Adobe Products (Flash, Reader, etc).

Are you currently having any problems with the computer?

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users