Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another fake anti-Malware virus on the computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 vino2009

vino2009

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:31 AM

I am also having similar problems with a computer at work. We were infected with the XP 2011 virus. Once I removed it according to your guide (thanks so much for such great info!), and disabled Java on the browsers (it seems that the first virus popped up through Java), everything seemed fine for a little while. Then about a week or two later, we got the Malware Protection 2008 virus. I followed your guide again to remove this virus, and everything seemed fine for a few days. Now there is another fake anti-Malware virus on the computer. I am not at work yet, but I can post the specifics for it and the computer once I get there. Any ideas about whether this is just a new virus that lays dormant for a little while before popping up again under a different name? Thank you for any help you can provide!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users