Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An odd problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sephy The OWA

Sephy The OWA

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:05 PM

Hello, for the past few months I've been having an odd problem with my Gen Five Dell XPS. Ever since I got a new Graphics card, (a GT 220) I used to have a Ninvida GT 6800, but after a while I got this odd problem. When I am in a video game, (anyone really I've had this problem pop up on just about Everything) the sound will cut, and then bug out replaying the last played sound, while there an odd noise that accompanies it (it’s kind of random as to the other noise) but it cause the entire PC will freeze up I end up having to force restart windows. No BODS, no error message when it gets back to my desktop, Nothing. I've asked everyone I know, and I've gotten many answers for the problem, ranging from it being the Mobo, to the sound card, everything and anything. I’d REALLY appreciate any help you can give me :S

Thank you Very much!
Sephy

Attached Files

Edited by Sephy The OWA, 25 May 2011 - 05:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 markr9

markr9

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

I suggest you look at the event logs. On win xp they are in start, control panel, administration tools, event viewer. There is a system and application log to look at. Any errors near the time it failed may be relevant. The help and support menu can help you find it for vista or win7.

Please have a look and post any errors you found, if there were any.

#3 Sephy The OWA

Sephy The OWA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:10 PM

I'v checked the event viewer as well, there NO error message i can find anywhere. i am useing XP as the dxdiag says

#4 jodav

jodav

• Members
  • 435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:00 AM

Hi,
I would start by upgrading your graphic and sound drivers.

32bit XP drivers are here and here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users