Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Ghost 9.0

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 paulboc

paulboc

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:48 AM

I am running W2K on a P4 with 1 GB ram. I recently upgraded my hard drives from D0 20 gb, and D1 40 gb to D0 40 gb in two partitions OS and APPS and D1 200gb Data. Prior to changing drives I used Norton Ghost 9.0 to make a backup image, with verification, of my data files on the 40gb D1 drive. The backup image spans 5 CDs.

I have attempted to restore the data files to the 200 gb drive. After some 35 changes of CDs (I counted!) the following error message appeared:

E7C30010: Device||. Physical drive | cannot write 4096 sectors starting at LBA 63.
00000079 the semaphore timeout period has expired 0x7C30010

I went into disk manager and found that the drive D1 G: was not found. I reran Seagate's disk utility and formatted the D1 drive (NTFS). Now when I try to restore the data after 16 CD changes Ghost tells me the destination drive is in use(??) and aborts.

I would be most grateful for any insight into the resolution of this problem. I tried using Norton's support on line in the past and was most un-impressed with them.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:17 PM

Just a guess but could this be something to do with power saving spinning down the drive because it doesn't recognise Ghost as an 'activity'?

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users