Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Football at it's finest.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:37 PM

OSCAR winner Russell Crowe has helped broker a television deal to beam rugby league's State of Origin Series live to 40 million viewers in the United States.

American sports giant FOX Sports will televise all three clashes between New South Wales and Queensland, starting with tonight's opener at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, as well as the NRL grand final.

The announcement follows a broadcast deal struck with the assistance of Hollywood actor Crowe, the co-owner of South Sydney, between the NRL and head of FOX Sports David Hill.

The deals sees the United States join the UK, Pacific Islands, Canada, north Africa and the Middle East, central and southern Africa and parts of Asia in broadcasting the Origin Series live.

Link

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/russell-crowe-brokers-deal-to-show-state-of-origin-rugby-league-live-in-us/story-e6frepbx-1226062402612

If you have access to Fox Sport check this out?

No armour or padding for these blokes, they are true Gladiators that ask for no quarter and give none.

It is on in a few hours time.

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:37 AM

Are you into this rugby union sport, Ray? I am not a rugby fan but i love AFL :)

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

I originate in the Riverina area of NSW?

Love them all, played them as a Kid, including Soccer.

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:55 AM

NSW is the rugby state but the Sydney Swans and the Greater Western Sydney are the only 2 teams in NSW. Playing football is fun but i have the worse skills especially bouncing the ball when you run and kicking straight <_< The only skill which i dominate in is the marking skill, where sometimes on Sunday my cousins come over and we play "Markers Up" which you have to try mark the ball in a "pack". That is where my body gives me a advantage and my height also helps me :whistle:

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#5 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:50 AM

Anyone fome America Watching it?

Magic Game.

6 to nil just now to Queensland

Ray

What is a Dog?

#6 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:09 AM

NSW is the rugby state but the Sydney Swans and the Greater Western Sydney are the only 2 teams in NSW. Playing football is fun but i have the worse skills especially bouncing the ball when you run and kicking straight <_< The only skill which i dominate in is the marking skill, where sometimes on Sunday my cousins come over and we play "Markers Up" which you have to try mark the ball in a "pack". That is where my body gives me a advantage and my height also helps me :whistle:

:hysterical:

Quensland is also considered a Rugby Leagus State, but also is home to the Legendly Lions, also the New Suns? That includes a Champion of both Rugby Union and League? Same as Western Sydney has a similar person, both from Brisbane links?

"Why is that ao"?

Truelly watch the Game and see?

Just a Link at what it is all about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_league

BTW, latest score is Queensland 10 to nil

Ray.

Edited by Drovers Dog, 25 May 2011 - 06:31 AM.

What is a Dog?

#7 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:49 AM

Latest Score is New South Wales is 12 to 10, ooops altered again, now Queensland 16 to 12.

Ray

What is a Dog?

#8 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:56 AM

All over at 16 to 12

Ray

What is a Dog?

#9 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

Yes, in Queensland their is the Gold Coast Suns. I had a look at rugby union and i have to admit, it doesn't interest me because of the lack skills and playing style.

>Michael 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users